Employee of the Month
It’s time again, for our employee of the month! Lydia joined our team in October and has recently become our Wholesale Lead. She is also a cellist and when she’s not doing coffee stuff with Recess she is playing with Symphoria, teaching lessons, and freelancing in NYC. Lydia is ~pumped~ to continue working for Recess and to continue pulling pranks on Graham.
Harvard Place Location Manager
We are looking for a manager for our Harvard Place cafe! The Location Manager is a salaried position (average 40 hours per week) that oversees hiring, training, operations, and stock of the Harvard Place location. This position reports to the General Manager/Owners and works closely with the Harvard Pl Assistant Manager, Head Barista, and Courier Location Manager.
- Upholds all Recess policies, procedures, and service expectations and leads a team of 15-25 to do the same.
- Creates shop schedules.
- Oversees timeclock, cash management, and open/closing procedures.
- Leads training of new hires and conducts evaluations of existing staff.
- Works with the Head Barista and Kitchen Manager to ensure that all orders are prepared consistently and promptly.
- Keeps staff on top of sidework to maintain a safe, welcoming, clean environment.
- Works with the General Manager to develop growth initiatives, improve operations, procedures, and standards for the Harvard Pl location.
- Oversees all deliveries to the shop from suppliers and Recess Headquarters.
- Open availability with some flexibility
- Generally daytime shifts but must be available early morning/late night to administer training
- Available to work at least one weekend day per week
- Positive, professional attitude and clear communication skills
- Computer and ability to use google drive, google calendar, and gmail
- Comfortable managing time independently, prioritizing tasks, and delegating
- Enthusiasm for customer service and a team environment
- Restaurant or cafe management experience preferred
If interested please email your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cafe Staff – Downtown & Westcott LocationsWe are looking to hire 2-3 cafe staff! Floor Staff are the primary representatives of Recess’ core values and responsible for providing all customers with a welcoming, positive experience and quality coffee & food. If you are interested in this position please email your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in Recess, and 2-3 professional references to mail@recesscoffee.
- Hours per week: 8-25.
- Must be available weekends and late nights and/or early mornings.
- Consistently provides welcoming, friendly, and prompt service to every customer.
- Positively represents Recess through exemplary customer service and comprehensive product knowledge.
- Appropriate cash handling and register use.
- Is punctual, reliable and arrives for shifts sober and with a clean appearance.
- Bonuses and raises are subject to performance.
- Reliable and respectful communication in a team environment.